Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Minda Indra

Minda Indra. What is that, and what does it mean?

"Minda" is actually a Malay word, not an Indonesian word. It means "mind". So, "Minda Indra" means "Indra's mind".

OK, so what is Minda Indra?

It's just another blog of mine. :) Yup.. yup.. understand that you will complain. I already have several blogs, some for myself and some are dedicated for my family, in both English and Indonesian, so why should I create a new one, again?

Simple. I want to try installing Wordpress on my own server, so I can use my own domain name for my blog. One of my friends, as well as my customer, Glenn, asked me why I am still using blogspot.com for my blogs, even though I am working in a hosting provider. :) Well, I told him that I don't want to "sacrifice" my own server's space while I can get free hosting space in blogspot. :P But actually, the truth is because I am a very busy person (at work for the company, and at home for the family), so I didn't have the time to set up my own blog on my own server.

So at last, I managed to setup my own blog on my own server, using Wordpress. It's located at this URL: http://ip.sg.or.id/ and it's called "Minda Indra". The blog will be in Bahasa Indonesia, and the contents will be similar to what I am going to write here, I guess. In the meantime, the contents of Rumah Indra and The Journey of Inka and Irza will be more personal and more dedicated for my family.

So far, I do not have any plan to migrate or move all my blogspot blogs to Wordpress, yet. Perhaps later, in the future. Having your own Wordpress on your server combine all the features on both blogsome.com and wordpress.com, and more over, you can get all the flexibility that you can get, including installing whatever plug-ins you want to install, since everything is inside your own server which you have control.

Of course, I didn't have the time to install any plug-ins yet. I haven't even finished editing my Wordpress template, let alone installing plug-ins. Slowly... but sure... :) :)

2 comments:

tata said...

hmmmmm... another blog. how are you going to manage what article goes to which blog? don't you think it's confusing you which in the end taking you more time --to manage and stuff.... No offense pls.
well, I just think loud. I'm happy as long as you keep updating them. Happy writing!

Anonymous said...

Tata, you got the point. A very good question, indeed. :) Nevertheless, you can find the answers here. Thanks. :)